I am not a sweets fan… well most of the time. 🙂 But this dessert I LOVE! It’s super easy and super yummy. The key factor = it needs to be prepared the night before serving. I took this yummy dessert to a sweet friend and she called just to tell me that it must have a place on Tasteful Thursday. 🙂 Because I didn’t prepare it with blogging intentions I only have a stolen picture from Taste of Home Magazine where I adapted this recipe from. Definitely try this dessert! It’s such a summer dessert and if you’re looking for something to make your PaPa for Father’s day – this is definitely a keeper!
Banana Split Icebox Cake
6 cups of whipped cream
1 cup sour cream
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 8oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
24 whole graham crackers
2 medium bananas, sliced thin
Toppings: additional sliced bananas and sliced fresh strawberries
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
OR USE CHOCOLATE SYRUP OR CHOCOLATE SHELL TOPPINGS 🙂
1. In a large bowl, make the pudding mixture : mix the whipped cream, sour cream, confectioners sugar and pudding mix until blended. Fold in pineapple.
2. Put this mixture in a Ziploc ba cut off the corner of the bag. (This is easier than using spoon for dipping)
2. On a flat serving plate or large baking dish arrange four graham crackers in a rectangle. Layer 1 cup of the pudding mixture over the crackers; top with about 1/4 cup banana slices. Repeat layers fivish times. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Graham crackers should be soft.
3. Before serving, make the chocolate drizzle. For the Chocolate Drizzle: Heat the cream in the microwave until hot (about 20-30 seconds). Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and pour hot cream over the chips. Let it sit for a second and then stir until chocolate is smooth. Let cool slightly while preparing the bananas and strawberries for the topping.
4. Arrange sliced fruit on top. Drizzle with chocolate and serve